At Lexus of Lakeway we believe that supporting our community is integral to running a successful business and is the responsibility of every good corporate citizen. The mission of our program is to support nonprofits that work to help build, shape and improve children's lives. We believe that children have the potential and the desire to make the world a better place. We focus our resources on such organizations in an effort to help build the strong, healthy communities in which we all wish to work and live.
Lexus of Austin and Lakeway have demonstrated a strong commitment to charitable giving in our community. In 2017 alone, Lexus of Austin and Lakeway helped raise over $4.6 Million Dollars for local charities. While our dealership family has supported many charities over the years, we have elected to concentrate our support to the Center for Child Protection for over two decades.
The Center for Child Protection is a nationally accredited children's advocacy center and the only nonprofit in Travis County involved in the investigation and prosecution of crimes against children. For more than 25 years, the Center has been the first stop for children in Travis County who are suspected victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse and for children who have witnessed a violent crime. The Center is a child-friendly, specially-equipped facility where children go for recorded forensic interviews, medical exams, counseling, and intervention. All services are provided to children and their protective caregivers free of charge and are available in English and Spanish. In 2017, the Center conducted forensic interviews for 2,695 children, provided 6,330 services to children and 5,733 services to adults. For more information, visit www.centerforchildprotection.org.
While Lexus of Austin and Lakeway has an ongoing commitment to the Center for Child Protection, we do review other charitable requests annually.
Our selection committee determines Lexus of Austin and Lakeway's charitable commitments a year in advance. Requests for support in 2019 may be submitted via our online application, which can be found below or accessed by clicking here. Our online application is currently open and will be available on this website from August 1st-November 1st, 2018.
If your organization applies by our November 1st deadline, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. All final charitable commitments will be made by the end of January 2019. At that time, each organization will receive notification on the status of their application. If selected for funding, the selection committee will determine whether the request is best suited for Lexus of Austin or Lexus of Lakeway.
All applications MUST provide the following for consideration:
- A description of the organization, including its history, mission, goals and objectives
- A specific request for support and a description of how the support will be used
- If the request is for event sponsorship, please provide specific data relating to the past success of the event (such as attendance levels, demographic data of attendees, full budget including revenue generated, and sponsorship benefits)
- Listing of organization's budget, including income and balance sheet, and expense to revenue ratio
- List of board of directors and their affiliations
Would you love to be sponsored by Lexus, but you don't know if your organization qualifies for funding? Lexus of Austin and Lakeway will not provide support to the following types of organizations:
- Those not recognized as charitable by the Internal Revenue Service
- Those that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Those that serve only their own memberships, such as fraternal organizations, labor organizations or religious groups
- Political parties or candidates
- Individuals are ineligible to apply
Please email Emily Aarvig, Event and Marketing Manager, at Emily.Aarvig@LexusofAustin.com if you have any questions.