At Lexus of Lakeway we believe that supporting our community is integral to running a successful business and is the responsibility of every good corporate citizen. The mission of our program is to support not-for-profit organizations that work to help build, shape and improve children's lives. We believe that children have the potential and the desire to make the world a better place. We focus our resources on such organizations in an effort to help build the strong, healthy communities in which we all wish to work and live.
Lexus of Lakeway has demonstrated a strong commitment to charitable giving in our community. In 2016 alone, Lexus of Austin & Lakeway helped raise over $4.6 Million Dollars for local charities. While our dealership family has supported many charities over the years, we have elected to concentrate our support to the Center for Child Protection for over two decades.
The Center for Child Protection is a nationally accredited children's advocacy center and the only nonprofit in Travis County involved in the investigation and prosecution of crimes against children. For more than 25 years, the Center has been the first stop for children in Travis County who are suspected victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse and for children who have witnessed a violent crime. The Center is a child-friendly, specially-equipped facility where children go for recorded forensic interviews, medical exams, counseling, and intervention. All services are provided to children and their protective caregivers free of charge and are available in English and Spanish. In 2016, the Center conducted forensic interviews for 1,235 children, provided 5,297 services to children and 5,008 services to adults. For more information, visit www.centerforchildprotection.org.
Our selection committee determines Lexus of Austin & Lakeway's charitable commitments a year in advance. Our 2018 charitable giving application is now closed. Requests for support in 2019 may be submitted via our online application which will be available on this website from August 1st-November 1st, 2018.
If your organization submitted a request for support to benefit your organization in the 2018 calendar year by our November 1st deadline, all final charitable commitments will be made by the end of January 2018. Each organization will receive notification on the status of their application at the end of this period. If selected for funding, the selection committee will determine whether the event is best suited for Lexus of Austin or Lexus of Lakeway.
All applications MUST provide the following for consideration:
- A description of the organization, including its history, mission, goals and objectives
- A specific request for support and a description of how the support will be used
- If the request is for event sponsorship, please provide specific data relating to the past success of the event (such as attendance levels, demographic data of attendees, full budget including revenue generated, and sponsorship benefits)
- Listing of organization's budget, including income and balance sheet, and expense to revenue ratio
- List of board of directors and their affiliations
Would you love to be sponsored by Lexus, but you don't know if your organization qualifies for funding? Lexus of Austin & Lakeway will not provide support to the following types of organizations:
- Those not recognized as charitable by the Internal Revenue Service
- Those that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
- Those that serve only their own memberships, such as fraternal organizations, labor organizations or religious groups
- Political parties or candidates
- Individuals are ineligible to apply